Tuesday, January 1, 2008

MAGNUS!

This is a formal introduction to those of you that have not met or seen my roommate, good friend and pet Magnus.

Magnus is a Jungle Carpet Python. In the wild Jungle Carpet Pythons can be found in the Rain Forests of the Atherton Tablelands located in Northeastern Queensland, Australia. Jungle Carpet Pythons typically range from 4.5 - 7 ft in length. The Jungle Carpet Python is a subspecies of the Carpet Python.

I have had Magnus for about 2 years now. He is 5ft long and likely will not get any longer. The name Magnus came from a character in Anne Rice’s book series The Vampire Chronicles. Magnus enjoys hanging out in his water bowl, hanging out on his tree, eating unknowing rodents and long slithers on the beach. Magnus hates vacuum cleaners and Tennessee Volunteer Fans. Just incase you are wondering…….He is note Venomous or Slimy. I think I get asked that question by 8 out of every 10 people that find out that I have a snake. And I am happy to give these people a little general knowledge about snakes and how they really are. Snakes I feel get a bad rap by most people for one reason.....lack of knowledge. And of course movies like Anaconda and Boa vs Python.

Some of you are probably wondering why have a snake or how can a snake be a good pet or companion. The answer is simple…….Snakes are F*%$’N bad ass. Plus I love reptiles and having them makes me happy. And in life thats really all that counts, being happy. Below are some pics of the lil guy. Enjoy!!!!!

















His Room
















Magnus Basking In All Of His Glory
















Up Close And Personal

No comments: